The greatest definition of a Winner I have ever seen goes like this:
Most people stay motivated for two or three months,
A few people can stay motivated for two or three years,
But a winner will stay motivated for as long as it takes to win.
Think and Grow Rich, considered by many as the all time best personal development book, has a Step 6 Formula for Lifetime Goal Setting. It has been working for me, and will work for you.
- You must have a specific goal. A general goal like "heaps of money" isn't good enough. Specify the amount.
- You must have a specific time frame to achieve your goal. You must say when you expect to achieve it.
- You must write it down. Your goal must be specific and you must write it down. Have a goals book and read it every day.
- You must develop a planto achieve your goal. This means you must work out how to achieve what you want step by step.
- You must decide what kind of price you are willing to pay. Like saving $1,000 a month to be financially independent in 10 years.
- You must think about reaching your goal everyday. Don't let a day go by without thinking how great it will be when you achieve your goals.