Daniellt Kennedy, recognised as one of America's leading sales trainers, shares with us her 7 best ways to Close a Sale...
- Prepare well in advance, and you'll close effortlessly. Create a pre-close questionnaire, including as many questions as you can think of that the prospect may ask. For example; is your product as good a value as the competition's? Be sure you can back up your reply in a way that doesn't knock the competition, but exhibits impressive knowledge of both the competitors product and your own.
- Assume closing the sale is good for both you and the customer. As the closing process unfolds, a feeling should materialise of "there is no turning back. I have created so much desire in the customer, it would be cruel to stop now."
- Create opportunities for prospects to disclose objections. Say: "Is this price out of the ballpark?" The more prospects trust you, the more likely they are going to confess their true objections. Until they confess, you cannot close the sale.
- Team close. Your past satisfied customers are more than happy to help you clinch the sale. Tell the prospect: "Don't just take my word for it. You deserve to hear it straight from teh source - a current customer. Give them a call this morning."
- Create urgency. Caution: Don't play games. When you tell a prosect you have people waiting in the wings to buy, you better be telling the truth.